Soft, fluffy matcha pancakes. The ultimate Sunday breakfast! We’ve used a combination of buckwheat and almond flour however if you want to make this recipe nut-free you can swap almond meal for sesame flour.
For a touch of sweetness we recommend serving with a drizzle of pure maple syrup. They are also delicious with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries and if you’re as matcha-obsessed as us, finished with a sprinkle of matcha powder!
- 1/3 heaped cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup blanched hazelnut meal
- 2 tsp Matcha Maiden matcha powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 organic eggs, separated
- 1 ripe banana, mushed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 or 2 tbsp maple syrup (+ extra to serve)
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Then add remaining ingredients (except egg whites) to a blender, blend until smooth. Add to dry mixture, mixing well.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the pancake mixture.
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat.
- Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form).
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Stack pancakes and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, coconut yoghurt and dust with matcha powder.
Provided courtesy of Hannah & Jen, the amazing Mother-Daughter Duo behind Healthy Luxe
To learn more about them visit their insta @healthyluxe and make sure to tag @healthyluxe and @matcha_maiden in your re-creation of this recipe because we’d love to see and share it!