VEGAN FALAFEL MATCHA BURGERS
Matcha Chickpea Buns:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsps wholemeal flour (or brown rice flour)
- 1 tbsp Mix n Matcha
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Combine and process all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Knead dough then rest for 30 minutes. Add more flour or water if needed.
- Place mixture into a bun pan (or egg rings). Bake for 30 minutes on 180C. Lightly sprinkle matcha powder on top for presentation (optional). Voila!
Baked Edamame Falafel:
- 1/2 cup edamame beans (or peas)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cashew meal (or almond meal)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- Himalayan salt + pepper to taste
- Blitz chickpeas and edamame in a high speed blender (or food processor).
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend to your desired consistency.
- Roll mixture into bite sized balls. Add more EVOO if required.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180C fan forced) for 10-15 minutes. Voila!