TOP DECK MATCHA SLICE
By Aunt Maggie’s Brunswick
255g Organic macadamia nut butter
1 & 1/2 cups of Organic medjool dates
3 cups sea salt @cobspopcorn (Roughly chopped)
1/2 cup @team_goodness desiccated coconut
1/4 cup @loving_earth cacao powder
2/3 cup @loving_earth coconut oil
200g @greenandblacks white chocolate
1 teaspoon @matcha_maiden MIX N MATCHA + more to sprinkle on top
2 teaspoons of @loving_earth cacao nibs to sprinkle on top
1. Place dates into mixing bowl and soften with 3 teaspoons of boiling water. Using the back of a large cooking spoon to mash the dates into a paste like consistency.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan then add it to the date mixture.
3. Add macadamia butter, cacao powder, desiccated coconut and stir. Once evenly mixed add the roughly chopped popcorn.
4. Line a baking tin with baking paper and firmly press the chocolate popcorn mixture into the tin. Refrigerate immediately!
5. Once it’s firm to touch you know it’s set! Time to make the white chocolate matcha topping!
6. Melt the white chocolate over the stove on a low/medium heat. Be careful not to over cook the chocolate!! Once completely melted remove from heat and set aside.
7. Add matcha powder to the white chocolate and stir throughly. Spread evenly over the chocolate popcorn slice and place it back in the fridge to set!
8. Remove the slice before the chocolate has become completely hard and brittle. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Return to fridge for the final time. Cover the slice and leave it in the fridge till its needed. Serve by sprinkling matcha powder and cacao nibs on top.