You will need:
- A stove top or microwave
- A tea spoon
- Hot water (not boiling)
- Matcha Maiden (our pure matcha or our any of our blends)
- Your choice of milk
- Your choice of sweetener (optional)
- A mug/cup
- Put ½ a teaspoon of Matcha Maiden matcha powder into a sauce pan (if youre using the stove top) or straight into a mug (if you’re using the microwave)
- Add in hot water- just enough to cover the matcha*
- Mix to dissolve the matcha and form a thin paste
- Add your choice of milk to the dissolved matcha(soy and coconut are out choice of plant-based mylks because they add a touch of sweetness and balances out the matcha amazingly)
- Heat up on the stove top or place in the microwave (if you’ve dissolved your matcha in a mug) until hot.
- Add your choice of sweetener (our favourite is rice malt syrup)
- Top with a sprinkle of matcha or cinnamon!
*Make sure not to drown the matcha in water as this will result in a watery matcha latte. Add just enough to cover the matcha and dissolve it. It’s also important not to use boiling water as this burns the matcha and can result in bitterness.
Other ways to jazz up your matcha latte
- Make a bulletproof matcha latte- our favourite is by our Matcha Maiden mate and gut specialist, @jordiepieface (http://www.reallifeofpie.com/vanilla-matcha-latte)
- Add collagen for skin and bones- our favourite if by our Matcha Maiden mate, Jessica Cox (http://www.jessicacox.com.au/recipe/2018/1/19/pimped-up-matcha-latte/)
- Add matcha to your chai lattes- our favourite brand is Prana Chai (https://pranachai.com/)
- Don’t heap up your milk but add ice instead and turn it into an iced matcha latte.
Each person will favour a different amount of matcha for their lattes so we recommend playing around with the mylks and the amount of matcha until you’ve nailed your own perfect matcha latte recipe!
Let us know how you go and tag @matcha_maiden in your creations on Instagram or Facebook!