SPINACH AND MATCHA PROTEIN WAFFLES
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 egg (or flex egg if you’re vegan)
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp protein powder (I used hemp protein)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup nut milk
- 1/4 tsp Mix n Matcha
Note – *If you prefer sweet waffles, just add around 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of your choice (coconut sugar or xylitol)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blitz for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the waffle molds and bake in the oven at 170C for around 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently take the waffles out of the molds. Flip the waffles over and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
Note – *If you own a waffle maker, you can always use it instead of the molds.
Have a recipe that should TOTALLY be on our blog? Tag us in our own creations, again, on Instagram by tagging @matcha_maiden in your pics or Matcha Maiden on Facebook!