RAW PISTACHIO MATCHA ICECREAM
These incredible matcha icecreams are almost too good to be true! Raw, vegan AND paleo!? The lovely Jacqueline of The Brown Paper Bag is just too talented for her own good. Jacqueline is a qualified nutritionist, personal trainer, mother and utterly passionate about everything health, food and life. She is committed to providing the nutrition support and education you need to give your health a makeover, feel radiant and put an energetic bounce into your life.
The Brown Paper Bag originated from a simple concept: sharing simple and nutritious food. A little bundle of whole food goodness waiting for you in a Brown Paper Bag, at home or as you leave our nutrition practice because good health and good food is about sharing it with those around you. And lucky for us, she has shared this amazing recipe full of our Mix N Matcha magic!!!! See her website for more deliciousness or her instagram page (but be prepared to drool everywhere!)
This recipe was also featured on the wonderful Sporteluxe page.
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled (85g shelled weight)
- 1/2 cup (85g) cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flesh
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons MIX N MATCHA
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 100g good quality dark chocolate or raw chocolate, melted (opt)
Note – Gluten free; dairy free; sugar free; vegan; paleo; raw
1. Combine pistachios and cashews in food processor or high-powered blender and blitz to a fine crumb.
2. Add coconut milk, coconut flesh, vanilla, matcha powder and maple and blitz until smooth.
3. Keep blender running whilst pouring in melted coconut oil. This should create a beautiful creamy consistency in the blend.
4. Pour into ice cream moulds or ramekins and freeze 2-3 hours to set.
5. To serve, remove ice creams from moulds, place on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over molten chocolate.
6. Place back in the fridge to set for a minute or two and then serve.
Quantity – Makes 8 small ice creams