RAW CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WITH MATCHA FROSTING
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ¾ cup cacao
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 2 ½ cups dates, softened
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons Matcha Maiden matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon lucuma
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut oil
Raw Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- In a food processor, blitz the walnuts, almonds, gluten free oats, cacao and salt until broken down. Add in the rice malt syrup and softened dates, and blitz again until well combined. Press the mix evenly into a 20x20cm silicone cake tin and put into the freezer to set.
- For the matcha frosting, blitz all of the ingredients together on high speed until creamy. Pour the mix over the brownie base and smooth with a palette knife. Put back into the freezer to set.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat and add the cacao, maple and coconut cream and stir to combine. Use a funnel to pour the melted chocolate into a plastic squeeze bottle and leave to cool slightly to make the drizzling easier. Alternatively, melt down a bar of your favourite vegan chocolate and use a spoon to create the drizzle effect.
- Once the matcha brownies are firm, remove from the freezer and allow to defrost for a minute or so. With a sharp knife, clean up the edges and slice into 12 even pieces. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and enjoy. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more delicious matcha recipes, please contact us at [email protected]