This pistachio and matcha tart is perhaps the most delicious way to get in your antioxidants. The filling is smooth and creamy which is perfectly balanced by the shortbread style crust. It is refined sugar free, sweetened with a small amount of coconut nectar (or coconut sugar), gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Perfect for dessert yet healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
- 3/4 cup macadamias
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1 1/2 cup buckinis
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar or sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Place macadamias, pistachios and buckinis in high power blender and grind to flour (be careful not to over blend).
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add all remaining base ingredients, mix well.
- Press mixture into greased and lined springform tin and bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in high speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into baked tart case.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Top with additional pistachios, lime wedges and/or lime zest.
Quantity – Serves 8.
Provided courtesy of Hannah & Jen, the amazing Mother-Daughter Duo behind Healthy Luxe.
To learn more about them visit their insta @healthyluxe and make sure to tag @healthyluxe and @matcha_maiden in your re-creation of this recipe because we’d love to see and share it!