There’s something so right about combining green tea and cake that makes green tea cakes better than any other cakes on the market. Yes, that’s right! That’s the reason why our clients love experimenting with Matcha green tea powder and indulging themselves in edible treats. The sweet and vegetal taste of matcha combined with the delicate taste of butter and vanilla essence make for a match made in heaven. Along with being a gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free treat, this matcha pound cake will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
What’s more. It’s healthy, nutritious and packed with antioxidants. So why wait? Order Matcha’ Maiden’s green tea powder and get your hands on this amazing ingredient that can make you calm, boost your energy as well as your mood. No more feeling guilty about eating cake the whole day long when it’s rich, creamy and healthy.
Pair a slice of this heavenly treat with matcha latte or matcha green tea if you like. Don’t forget, 1 cup of matcha tea can have up to 10 x the nutritional value of regular green tea. Sign up and place your order now. To know more about our products, write to us at [email protected].
MATCHA POUND CAKE
By Aga Kozmic
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 potato or corn starch
- 1 tbsp Matcha Maiden
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Cream eggs and sugar together. Mix until lighten in colour and increase in volume.
- Mix together flour, starch, matcha and baking powder in a bowl. Add to the egg mixture.
- Melt butter in a pot. Pour slowly (still hot) to the batter. Mix until well incorporated and add vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a loaf tin lined with a baking paper. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes (check for doneness by using the toothpick test).
- Let it cool on a wire rack, top with powder sugar or lemon (or yuzu) icing and enjoy!