MATCHA MUFFINS WITH HONEY CASHEW ICING
By The Pantry of Eden
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight in cold water or in just boiled water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (starch)
- 2 cups almond meal/flour (finely ground, skinless almonds)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (powder/starch) or tapioca (powder/starch)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mix n Matcha
- 1/4 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 eggs (free range or organic)
- 1 teaspoon concentrated vanilla extract (or 2 teaspoons regular vanilla extract)
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender, small strong food processor or smoothie maker with ice crushing blades and blitz til smooth and creamy. Chill.(icing will thicken once cold).
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Brush oil on the inside of patty cases so the muffins won’t stick.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix well so the baking powder is distributed thoroughly.
- Whisk wet ingredients together and add to dry. Mix till just combined.
- Distribute evenly between patty cases and bake for up to 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out slightly dirty.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.