MATCHA MINT SLICE
BY A CONSCIOUS COLLECTION
Just wait one moment while we compose ourselves….
This matcha mint slice is almost too much too handle, as is always the way with the absolutely amazing (and beautifully presented) recipes to come out of the lovely Brooke Meredith of A Conscious Collection.
This multi-talented beauty (also heading up BM Creative and strutting her stuff with Chadwick Models) is a devout health foodie and has channeled her culinary talents into a conscious collection (literally) of healthy, nutritious and yet still absolutely drool worthy recipes.
Check out A Conscious Collection to have your socks blown off by Brooke’s conscious creations!
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup pitted dates
1/12 cup soaked raw cashews (preferably over night)
1/2 desiccated coconut
1/4 cup cold pressed virgin coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp stevia
1 tsp MIX N MATCHA
2 tsp peppermint essence
1 tbs raw honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao
1 tbs almond butter
1 tbs organic pure maple syrup
1 tsp stevia – or to your liking
1. In a food processor, process all of the base ingredients until well combined and a crumble like texture is formed. Add around 1 – 2 tbs of water to ensure mixture sticks together.
2. Place and press down in a lined slice tin and pop in the freezer to set.
3. Whilst the base is in setting, place all the filling ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until a smooth creamy consistency is formed. Using a spatular, smooth out the filling on top of the base layer and place back in the freezer.
4. In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil on a very low heat adding the rest of the chocolate mixture, and stir. I suggest leaving the slice in the freezer for at lease 2 hours before pouring the chocolate on top, this will give it the nice separation and prevent the chocolate from seeping into the filling layer.
5. Spread chocolate on top of slice and place back in freezer to store. Best made the night before you want to serve so chocolate has time to set, meaning it’s easier to slice.