This is a recipe for the beach go-ers at heart, because there’s nothing better than an ice cream cone on a hot summer’s day. Except maybe a Matcha-filled ice cream cone.
An ice cream maker is helpful for this recipe, but not essential.
*This mix will keep in the freezer for about a week.*
- 1x 400ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 240ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or another plant milk)
- 12-18g Matcha powder
- 50g pitted medjool dates
- 60ml honey (or maple syrup to make it vegan)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Place coconut milk, plant mylk, Matcha powder, dates, and honey (or maple syrup) in a blender and blend until it’s well mixed. Add xanthan gum and mix again. Adjust flavours as needed, and feel free to add more Matcha/honey/dates to sweeten the deal!
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and let it chill for at least a few hours. Go about your day, then pour the mix into a pre-chilled ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s manual to operate.
- Don’t have an ice cream maker? Simply pour the “batter” into a freezer-safe container, cover, freeze, and stir/whisk every hour.
- (If using an ice cream maker) once the churning process is complete, you can either eat it as soft serve or transfer it into a freezer-safe container and let it harden for 4-6 hours.
Be sure to set the ice cream out 20-30 minutes before serving so it has time to soften up and be as tasty as possible.