Gnocchi needs no explanation – but if we had to write one, we’d say that the Italians got these pillows of delicious goodness VERY right. We’ve made the standard gnocchi recipe even better here by adding a tablespoon of our very own Matcha powder.
- 1lb milled or finely grated peeled, baked Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup of flour, plus another ½ cup for dusting
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1 tbsp Matcha powder, plus 1 tbsp for dusting
- A pinch of salt
- Bake potatoes until they’re soft.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut them in half to release the steam.
- Once you can touch them, peel the potato skins and grate them.
- Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil.
- Make a hole in the potatoes and add your whipped egg. Stir into the potatoes gently, making sure you don’t crush the potatoes.
- Combine flour and Matcha and sift over the gnocchi, fluffing the potatoes with a fork.
- Remove the gnocchi, divide them into quarters, and roll them into cigars.
- Boil in a pot of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt.
- When they float, they’re ready.
Note: To ensure the gnocchi don’t fall apart, be careful not to overcook the gnocchi.