This matcha crepe cake is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and made even healthier with the addition of antioxidant packed matcha powder. We’ve also used coconut yoghurt to layer the crepes which creates a delicious, creamy texture.
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp matcha powder (+ extra to dust)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 1/4 cup macadamia milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 100 grams coconut yogurt
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well and create a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to the dry mixture, mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease crepe pan with coconut oil.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture onto hot pan and allow to spread thin to crepe size.
- When edges begin to dry and small bubble appear (after a minute or two), flip and cook the other side for a further minute or so.
- Allow crepes to cool slightly.
- Spread a small amount of coconut yogurt (approximately 1 tsp) between each crepe.
- Top with strawberries and dust with a little extra matcha powder.
Quantity – Serves 4
Provided courtesy of Hannah & Jen, the amazing Mother-Daughter Duo behind Healthy Luxe.
To learn more about them visit their insta @healthyluxe and make sure to tag @healthyluxe and @matcha_maiden in your re-creation of this recipe because we’d love to see and share it!