Matcha crepe cake recipe creates a moist, dense green tea cake with a tinge of vanilla and a great crunch to it. It’s mildly sweet, so makes for a perfect breakfast and evening snack. And like other green tea powder dishes, this is made using Matcha Maiden’s green tea powder, which is why it is good for your energy, metabolism, and mood.
Whenever your mind’s not at ease, resort to this green tea crepe cake recipe and prepare mouth-watering matcha crepe cake because matcha green tea has brilliant healing abilities. It relieves stress, improves concentration and well-being. Although it puts you in calm, it also provides your body with the much-needed energy required to perform everyday activities. The antioxidants enhance digestion, help burn fat and lose weight.
But that’s not all! The matcha crepe cake is healthy, nutritious and delicious. Are you ready to get your bake on? Order Matcha Maiden’s green tea powder and taste earthy green tea flavoured crepe cakes. Trust us when we say every spoon will be worth it. Shop now and get 10% off on your first order.
This matcha crepe cake is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and made even healthier with the addition of antioxidant packed matcha powder. We’ve also used coconut yoghurt to layer the crepes which creates a delicious, creamy texture.
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp matcha powder (+ extra to dust)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 1/4 cup macadamia milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 100 grams coconut yogurt
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well and create a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to the dry mixture, mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease crepe pan with coconut oil.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture onto hot pan and allow to spread thin to crepe size.
- When edges begin to dry and small bubble appear (after a minute or two), flip and cook the other side for a further minute or so.
- Allow crepes to cool slightly.
- Spread a small amount of coconut yogurt (approximately 1 tsp) between each crepe.
- Top with strawberries and dust with a little extra matcha powder.
Quantity – Serves 4
Provided courtesy of Hannah & Jen, the amazing Mother-Daughter Duo behind Healthy Luxe.
To learn more about them visit their insta @healthyluxe and make sure to tag @healthyluxe and @matcha_maiden in your re-creation of this recipe because we’d love to see and share it!