These matcha coconut muffins with a chocolate & coconut frosting are our June Matcha Mail recipe of the month from the beautiful Evelyn of @nourishnotpunish who has this message for you all:
Hey guys, my name is Evelyn and I’m the lady behind the health food blog @nourishnotpunish. I’m an ethical vegan from Melbourne, who has both coeliac disease and fructose malabsorption. Nourishing the body with healthy, wholesome cruelty free food is something I am super passionate about. I also believe that taking care of the mind and soul is just as important.
All the recipes I create on my blog, e-books and instagram page are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and fructose friendly! I have also recovered from an eating disorder, so strive to help as many girls and boys battle their demons and live a life they deserve. Matcha Maiden is a gorgeous product, I really enjoy baking with it! 🙂 Enjoy these matcha coconut muffins! Love, Ev x
1 cup gluten free self raising flour
2 tsp MIX N MATCHA
½ cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
½ cup soy milk (Or any other plant based milk)
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup natvia icing sugar mix
¼ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp nuttelex (or any other plant based spread)
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp almond milk
Makes approx. 9 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan forced) and grease a muffin tray.
- In a bowl, sift in the gluten free self raising flour, followed by adding in the coconut, coconut sugar, matcha green tea powder and baking powder.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil and soy milk until combined well.
- Transfer the mixture evenly between the muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30-35 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
By using a hand mixer, simply mix the icing sugar mix, nuttelex, raw cacao and almond milk until fluffy. Stir through the coconut with a spoon! Spread over the cooled muffins and enjoy.