MATCHA CAULIFLOWER-BASE PIZZA
This month we sat down with the amazing Lululemon team and spoke about all things health, business and life. Read the full post here.
We shared 3 of our favourite recipes, one of which was this Matcha Cauliflower Pizza with Kale Pesto and Roast Veggies. It’s a healthy, clean, yet delicious twist on the traditional pizza and is 100% gluten free, sugar free, lactose free and vegan so everyone can enjoy!
Huge thanks to the amazing Rachel Korinek (@twolovesstudio) for all the gorgeous snaps!
- 1/2 medium-sized cauliflower head
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup linseeds
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano or Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp MIX N MATCHA
- 1⁄4 butternut pumpkin
- 1⁄4 beetroot
- 1⁄4 red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup button mushrooms
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 avocado (smashed)
- 4 stalks of kale (leaves only)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Handful of almonds
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and blend to a rice-like size. This can be done in a food processor or blender.
- Steam the cauliflower in a steamer or put it in the microwave for 10 minutes until soft, fluffy and transparent. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, or place in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
- Wring excess liquid out of cooled cauliflower by placing the cauliflower in a clean tea towel or thin cloth and squeeze tightly.
- Add the almond meal, chia seeds, linseeds, salt and pepper and herbs and mix in with hands until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and can be rolled into a ball, adding more almond meal if the mixture is sticky.
- Let sit under a tea towel for 10 minutes for the chia to expand.
- Press the cauliflower base mixture on baking paper to form one large pizza base.
- Pre-cook base for seven minutes. Flip the base and cook for another seven minutes in the oven at 200C or until golden.
- Remove the base from the oven and flip to have the crust facing up.
METHOD- KALE PESTO
- Process/blend all ingredients at once until kale is finely chopped and all ingredients are combined.
- Slice all vegetables except tomatoes.
- Pre-roast all vegetables in oven at 180C (except tomatoes, avocado and mushrooms) for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Smear a layer of kale pesto on the cooked pizza base.
- Top the pre-roasted vegetables evenly around the pizza, adding the uncooked mushrooms and tomatoes last.
- Return to oven and let cook for another 5-10 minutes at 200C.
- Remove from oven and dollop smashed avocado randomly.
- Eat and enjoy.
Have a recipe that should TOTALLY be on our blog? Tag us in our own creations, again, on Instagram by tagging @matcha_maiden in your pics or Matcha Maiden on Facebook!