THE ULTIMATE MATCHA AND CREAMY COCONUT PANNA COTTA RECIPE
Who knew that you could ever put ‘gut friendly’, ‘panna cotta’ and ‘organic green tea’ in the same sentence! This recipe by our incredible Matcha Maiden Mate, Nutritionist and GAPS Practitioner Jordan Pie (aka ‘Life of Pie’ and @jordiepieface) is not only delicious but also SO good for your gut lining as she incorporates our organic matcha tea powder (we will touch on why people are believing that organic is much better for your gut in another post!) with the famous gut strengthener, gelatin, to create the ULTIMATE panna cotta recipe!
Jordan, being a Nutritionist AND G.A.P.S (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Practitioner, means that this is definitely a recipe to have faith in when it comes to ACTUAL gut healing. Her amazing website and blog, ‘Life Of Pie’ focuses on Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Sugar, Additive & Preservative free foods and is for anyone who wants to feel good, eat well, heal and nourish their body, with a huge focus on gut health. She is an avid believer in the value of home cooking, utilising the healing power of foods, eating intuitively and listening to your own body. Head on over to her amazing website, www.reallifeofpie.com for all of the healthy, homely and game-changing recipes!
Recipes that require a 2-3hour cooling time USUALLY get overlooked because, let’s be real, no-one likes waiting for food especially when you’ve already spent 2-3 hours actually preparing and cooking it! This matcha and coconut panna cotta recipe though, is worth every second of waiting time because it’s just THAT good!
1 cup thick coconut cream
1- 1 1/4 tsp gelatin
2 Tbsp water
Stevia or your preferred sweetener to taste
1- 1 1/2 tsp organic green tea powder (matcha)
1/2- 1 tsp vanilla
Optional Add Ins; quality food-grade peppermint or basil or lemon or lime essential oil (for something a little different) to taste, 1/2- 1 tsp spirulina powder
1. Add the gelatin, water and matcha powder together using a spoon to create a paste into a small saucepan making sure to get rid of any lumps.
2. Set aside for a couple of minutes to allow the gelatin to thicken
3. Add the coconut cream, sweetener, vanilla and your optional add-ins to the saucepan and heat it on low-medium heat until the gelatin has dissolved ( it should only take another couple of minutes for the gelatin to dissolve completely. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly mixed through)
4. Adjust any of the flavours or sweetness to your own tastebuds by adding more flavours or sweeteners
5. Pour the mixture into a glass jar or mug and place it in the fridge to set.
6. Allow around 2.5-3.5 hours for the panna cotta to set (depending on how full your fridge is- the less full your fridge the quicker it will take to set).
7. When it’s ready, grab a spoon and enjoy every silky smooth mouthful
Make sure to tag @jordiepieface and @matcha_maiden in your re-creation of this recipe because we’d love to see and share it!
Have a recipe using our organic green tea powder that you would like featured on our website? Tag us in your creation on Instagram and let us know about it!
For more delicious and healthy matcha recipes click here