GREEN TEA MATCHA MUFFINS WITH COCONUT AND BANANA
By Iselin Amanda Støylen
2 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp flour (whole-wheat, all purpose, gluten-free)
3 tbsp rice malt syrup/maple/agave
1/4 almond milk
1 ripe banana
a handful shredded coconut or coconut flakes
1/2 tsp Mix n Matcha powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
Melted, dairy free chocolate
1. Place the oats in a food processor and grind into flour.
Add in coconut sugar, flour, Matcha powder, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Add then in the banana, the syrup and almond milk. Blend/process until you get a thick, smooth batter.
4. Stir in coconut flakes by hand.
5. Pour the batter into cupcake/muffin tins (makes about 12). The batter should fill about 3/4 of the tins.
6. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees celcius. Let them cool completely before decorating with melted chocolate and coconut flakes.