BY ANDI LEW the Wellness Woman
Melbourne personality, accomplished author of 5 health books, mother of a 5 year old boy and highly sought after writer and TV Presenter, Andi also added another string to her bow by studying nutrition and becoming a certified ‘Food, Lifestyle and Wellness Coach’. Is this woman amazing, or what!?
With mindful eating, empathetic parenting and healthy living as the pillars of her philosophy, Andi Lew is making a name for herself and inspiring the masses to live a healthier life. You may have heard of Eat Fat Be Thin and other “Eat Fat” books in the series. Yep, she’s the mastermind behind these beauties! If she wasn’t already amazing enough already, she’s gone one step further and made some serious Mix N Matcha magic with these gluten free AMAZEBALLS!!!!
Read more about Andi Lew and her story on her website or her gorgeous instagram page.
- 2 cups quinoa oat flakes
- 1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of sultanas
- ½ cup of almonds
- 2 tbs organic peanut butter
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 tbs water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet of Matcha Maiden MIX N MATCHA powder
- Put all ingredients apart from the water into a food processor and blend until it has the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and continue to process until it becomes sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Use a tablespoon to measure the mixture and roll into firm balls.
- Roll into Matcha to make the outside look pretty and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: You’ll need to make sure the peanut butter is a good quality, pesticide-free kind. Spiral Foods do a great one. If your guests are anaphylactic and cannot consume peanuts, you may like to use a different type of nut butter or cold-pressed organic coconut oil instead.
Quantity – Makes 15 balls