RAW CHOC MINT MATCHA SLICE
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup pecans
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaped cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic rice malt syrup
- 1 heaped teaspoon of MIX N MATCHA
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic rice malt syrup
How to Prepare
- Blend the ingredients for the base and press evenly into a lined baking tray.
- Place base in the freezer while you make the mint-matcha later by blending all of the ingredients together.
- Spread the cream layer evenly over the base and place in the freezer for about an hour.
- After an hour, mix together all of the chocolate layer ingredients – remove your slice from the freezer and pour the chocolate layer on top.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
A message from Gluten Free Guru:
I want to show people that healthy doesn’t mean boring! Life’s too short to live on a constant diet, depriving yourself of anything and everything that tastes good just to fit into those short shorts. It’s so important to nourish your body with real, whole foods and I want everyone to realise that healthy food can be delicious and leave you feeling amazing too!
This raw choc-mint & matcha slice is the perfect example; it tastes like choc-mint ice cream but is completely raw, free from refined sugars and gluten and its jam packed with healthy antioxidants which will leave you feeling satisfied and energised! One little bite sized piece is guaranteed to kick those nasty 3pm sugar cravings!
For more tasty recipes like this, follow me on Instagram at glutenfree_guru.